Seminars identify area resources for aging
An ElderCare Resources Fall Seminar Series, “What Seniors Need to Know,’’ will make its debut on Tuesday, Sept. 29, 12:30 p.m., to help identify the many resources for senior citizens throughout the Capital Region. The series of five free educational seminars in four Capital Region counties will also discuss area providers and services geared for active Baby Boomers and families with aging loved ones. Learn about elder law, travel, independent living options and home care companions. Refreshments will be served.
Aaron E. Connor, Esq., a partner in Pierro, Schaeffer and Connor, LLC, will speak on “What Every Senior Needs to Know about Estate Planning and Long-term Care Planning.”
This first seminar, presented by ElderCare Resources Capital Region. will take place at the following area sites:
1. Tuesday, Sept. 29, 12:30 to 2 p.m. at the Guilderland YMCA, 250 Winding Brook Drive, Guilderland.
2. Saturday, Oct. 3, 10 a.m. to noon, William K. Sanford Library, 629 Albany Shaker Road, Colonie.
3. Wednesday, Oct. 14, 1:30 to 4 p.m., East Greenbush Library, 10 Community Way, East Greenbush.
4. Friday, Oct. 16, 10:30 a.m. to noon, Clifton Park-Halfmoon Library Senior Expo, 475 Moe Road, Clifton Park.
5. Tuesday, Oct. 27, noon to 3 p.m., Schenectady Main Library.
Future topics will be announced for Albany, Rensselaer, Saratoga and Schenectady counties.
Gloria MazurePost Author
Boomer & Senior Resources is dedicated to empowering area seniors, their caregivers and healthcare professionals to obtain the knowledge and resources needed to provide quality care for an aging relative, friend or patient.
Did you enjoy the article?Then consider sharing it via these links.