Tastes of the World debuts at The Linda
- “Tastes of the World,” an event sponsored by the International Center of the Capital Region, makes its debut Thursday, March 27, 5:30 to 8 p.m. at The Linda, WAMC’s Performing Arts Center, 339 Central Ave., Albany.
- Hosting the International Food Tasting Festival, planned to be an annual event, are The International Center of the Capital Region and WAMC. Area chefs and cultural groups will provide sample portions of world cuisine, from French and Italian to Chinese, Irish, Indonesian, Pakistani and more.
- Participants include the Century House, Chocolate Gecko, Flavors of India, La Empanada Llama, Normanside Country Club, R&G Cheesemakers, Terra International Cuisine, Turkish Cultural Center and Yono’s.
- Tickets are available in advance for $50, call 708-7608. Tickets purchased at the door will be $60. ICCR and WAMC members receive a 10 percent discount.
- For information, visit http://www.meetup.com/socialclub/events/164917642/.
- The International Center, 423 State St., Albany, helps the Capital Region engage with the world and promote international understanding. The center serves an area that extends north to Plattsburgh, south to Westchester County, east to the borders of Vermont and Massachusetts and west to Syracuse. Email is firstname.lastname@example.org; website is http://ICCRAlbany.org/.
Gloria MazurePost Author
Boomer & Senior Resources is dedicated to empowering area seniors, their caregivers and healthcare professionals to obtain the knowledge and resources needed to provide quality care for an aging relative, friend or patient.
Did you enjoy the article?Then consider sharing it via these links.